Monday, December 15, 2008

Good start to an upcoming grueling schedule

Saturday 12/13/08

Rest day today, at work at the fire station.

Sunday 12/14/08

Box 12 - 3 minute rounds with 1 minute rest between rounds. The 1 minute of rest was actually spent doing core work and L-sits.

Later in the day: 10 - 100m sprints with 3 minutes rest between sprints. During the 3 minutes of rest, I worked on free standing handstands and L-sits with various hand positions. Sprints were done on the track at UNF.

Monday 12/15/08

At work at the station today but was able to get a workout in.

Tuck planche holds: 10x6 seconds
Tuck front lever PU's: 6x3

One-arm push-ups: 3x3
Archer rows on rings: 3x5 each arm

Tuck back lever holds: 10x6 seconds
Straddle L-sit: 10x6 seconds.

Strong workout today. The two days of rest from the strength stuff really helped. I'm going to try and adhere to the Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri schedule for strength with Wed, Sat and Sun off for recovery. Anyhow, after the workout, I felt extremely refreshed and energized. I'll see how the rest of the week goes as I am going to be at work for the next 6 of 8 days (all 24 hr shifts) SUCKS! I'm going to try and keep the nutrition dialed in over the next week of continuous work. I haven't had alcohol (even wine!) in over a week and it looks like I've probably got another week to go before I do have some. I'm going to try and limit the sugar intake to just in the coffee and will simply try to load up on fats (good ones) lots of meat and lots of veggies. This is not just for performance, but also to stave off sickness. Personnel around the fire station have been getting sick and I have to make sure I don't! Would hate to feel like shit for the holidays! I am going to try and post some thoughts on nutrition (my philosophy) over the next few days or so. Other than that, I'm really hoping for a good night sleep tonight, as sleep has been poor lately (due to work).

No comments: