Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Back on it

...but a little sore and somewhat overdone.

Monday 12/29/08

Approx. 35 minutes of stadiums at UNF. These sucked today, as was to be expected from the weekend.

Later in the day...
Tuck planche holds: 10x6 seconds
Tuck front lever PU's: 6x3
Hollow rocks and arch rocks: 4x15 of each

One-arm push-ups: 3x5
One-arm ring rows: 3x5

Back lever holds: 10x6 seconds
L-sits on floor and parallettes: 10x6 seconds

Strong strength workout today, made up for the poor stadium runs done earlier in the morning.

Tuesday 12/30/08

Boxed 12 - 3 minute rounds. Felt fairly week and pretty sore from yesterday; legs from the stadiums, upper body from the gymnastics.

Later in the day...

PPPU's: 6x5
Tuck front lever holds: 10x6 seconds
Standing wheel rollouts: 4x6

Full ROM HSPU's: 3x3 performed two sets on parallettes and one set on bricks (much harder on parallettes)
L-sit pull-ups with 45lbs. weighted vest: 3x3 (one set on 2"diameter rope, one set overhand, one set underhand)

Straddle L-sits: 10x6 seconds
Back lever holds: 10x6 seconds

Earlier in the day I felt run down, out of energy and like just plain crap. I didn't really want to do two workouts today, let alone two "metcon or cardio" workouts two days in a row. But, if anything, today once again proved that I just don't need all that cardio. I know I certainly don't like the feeling of being "run down" all the time. On the other hand, both strength workouts, (today and yesterday) were surprisingly strong though. My planche holds were solid yesterday which I wasn't expecting given the poor performance and results towards the end of last week. After this week, I will have completed four straight weeks of a M/T/TH/F schedule of the gymnastics progressions, which means I am half way through the 8 week cycle. At the end of the 8 weeks, I'll see how I feel and if I need to tack on 2 or 4 extra weeks at the current progressions but, I'm really hoping not to. The next cycle won't change much, just the hold times go up and the sets come down (I still have to get to a total of 60 seconds, hence the 10x6 I always post). I may also increase either the sets or reps for the dynamic movements, i.e. HSPU's, rows, CU's/PU's, etc. Workouts should get shorter though. Right now I average just over an hour, but I still feel less drained and have way more energy than when doing crossfit stuff or other various metcon/cardio workouts. Tomorrow is for sure going to be a rest day, I'm at work anyhow.

No comments: