Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A little behind

12/22/08

Tuck planche holds: 10x6 seconds
Tuck front lever PU's: 6x3
V-ups and supermans: 4x15 of each

One-arm push-ups: 3x5 each arm, assisted
One-arm ring rows: 3x5 each arm, assisted

L-sits on ground with various hand positions: 10x6 seconds
Back lever holds: 10x6 seconds

One-leg squats: 1x3 at body weight, 1x3 at 25lbs, 1x3 at 45lbs.
One-arm clean and jerks: 1x3 at 65lbs, 2x3 at 60lbs.

12/23/08

PPPU's: 6x5
Tuck front lever holds: 10x6 seconds

Full ROM HSPU's: 3x3
45lbs weighted vest L-pull-ups: 1x3 on 2" rope, 1x3 palms facing away (PU's), 1x3 palm facing towards (Chin-ups)

72lbs. kettlebell swings: 5x5
Back lever holds: 10x6 seconds
100lbs sandbag shoulder 4 reps, 2 each side: 5x4

12/24/08 Christmas Eve

Box twelve - 3 minute rounds with one minute rest in between with core work.
30 minutes of handstands following.

Great workouts, all of them. The hardest workout was definitely Monday. The planche holds were fairly weak and my balance was off, probably due to poor sleep the night before and anticipation of a call. Yesterday's workout was great. The kettlebell swings were strong and solid and the sandbags lifts just felt...strongmanish. My wrists and forearms towards the end of the workout were in some pretty good pain, had to take a cold shower following, wasn't fun. Today's workout was by far the best. This is the first time that I have done a "cardio-like" or "metcon-like" workout in about a week and half, and all I did was box. Today's workout was proof (to me at least) that one does not need to do that much cardio or endurance training. I have been solid on my gymnastics strength stuff and and other max strength endeavors. Also, to note, when I was doing the crossfit WOD's religiously (yes, there will be a post on this subject soon) my weight was up, my body was chronically sore and noticeably hypertrophied. Yesterday, I got on the scale and my weight is down a few pounds, I'm not sore and/or overtrained, my energy level is up and I am simply just kicking ass. My nutrition is so dialed in and I can truly feel the difference. I mentioned last week that I was going to post an article on nutrition and have not gotten around to doing so yet, but it will come, it is the holidays! Speaking of holidays, for the next few days or so, nutrition is going to be... off the mark to say the least. I plan on eating good holiday food, fudge, cookies, pastas, honey baked hams, etc, etc, etc... oh, and yes, lots of wine, probably more than what is considered good for me, but, oh well, that's what the holidays are for. I will, however, try to get a good workout in tomorrow while at work. Whatever the case, I'll post something. Happy holidays!


No comments: