Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Make-up Surf Session and Heavy lifting

Tuesday 9/21/10

Early in the morning: two big cups of coffee right off the French Press with heavy whipping cream and honey.

Activity:

Surfed for almost two hours and got worked by big, messy waves.

Workout:

Warm-up with planks, pull-ups, push-ups and jump rope

One-arm dumbbell snatch: warm-up @ 35lbs. x 5 and 50lbs. x 5. Work sets: 65lbs. x 3, 80lbs. x3, 90lbs. x 2.
Explosive push-ups: (start from ground and push and catch on benches) 5x5.

Deadlifts: (single arm/single leg) 1x5 @ 100lbs., 1x5 @ 110lbs.
(regular deadlifts) 1x3 @185lbs., 1x3 @ 225lbs., 1x3 @ 275lbs., 1x2 @ 315lbs., 1x2 @ 330lbs.
Overhead Press: 1x5 @ 35lbs., 1x5 @ 50lbs., 1x4 @ 65lbs.,
(push press)1x3 @ 75lbs., 1x3 @ 80lbs.

Food:

Brunch:
13:30 Leftover chicken and lamb from the previous two nights with a spinach salad and mixed vegetables of broccoli, carrots, celery, and onions.


Dinner:
19:30 Grass-fed hamburgers with cheese, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise, pickles, onions, tomatoes, Romaine lettuce, and Thousand Island dressing. Yes, I ate the bun!
Sweet potato fries
Two glasses of red wine; Sterling Vineyard Cabernet.
Lots of ice cream (an unspecified amount).

I felt REALLY good after today's surf session and the heavy weights. I felt even better later in the day. The words I keep using to describe how I feel today (physically) are "punchy, springy, light and supple." I feel like if jump, my head will go through the ceiling or if I sprint I'll just be too fast to slow down. Definitely a very good feeling to have. I hope I sleep just as good. My dinner more than made up for today's activity. My wife has been wanting to do burgers for a while and tonight was a great night to do them.

No comments: