Thursday, January 29, 2009

Saturday 01/24/09

Rest day, but... had to swim for Marine Rescue training. The water was cold (60 degrees) but I had a wetsuit on and swam multiple laps and practiced multiple drills. Good workout and fun.

Sunday 01/25/09

Boxed 12 - 3 minute rounds with core work in between rounds.

Monday 01/26/09

Tuck front lever PU's: 6x3 seconds
Tuck planche holds: 10x6 seconds
GHD Sit-ups and back extensions: 4x15 of each

Back lever holds: 10x6 seconds
L-sits on the floor: 10x6 seconds

One arm push-ups: 3x5 (assisted)
Ring rows with 45lb weighted vest: 3x5

Pistols (aka one-leg squats): 1x5 at BW, 1X5 at 17lbs., 1x3 at 35lbs., 1x3 at 53lbs., 1x3 at 72lbs.
Power clean and jerk: 1x5 at 45lbs. 1x3 at 135lbs., 1x3 at 155lbs. 1x3 at 175lbs., 1x3 at 180lbs.

Tuesday 01/27/09

Rest day, at work, but swam again for Marine Rescue. Another good workout.

Wednesday 01/28/09

In the morning:

Core work

Kickboxed 6 - 5 minute rounds

Later in the day:

10 - 100m sprints with 5 minutes rest between. Practiced free standing handstands. REALLY STRONG, my handstands are becoming more and more solid!

Thursday 01/29/09

Rest day, OT at the fire station

I have taken a break from the gymnastics progressions for the last couple of days. I am on the last week of the 8 week cycle but got extremely sore and hypertrophied from Monday's workout and felt I needed to ease up. I plan on doing day 2 of the progressions tomorrow and finishing out week 8 over the next 3-4 days. After that, I think I will discontinue the 4 days-a-week thing. Too much working out, too often for me. I am going to start living by my "paleo" or Mark Sisson's "Primal Blueprint" way of working out, eating, living, etc. I'm going to create my own model of 1-2 days a week of sprinting, 1-2 days of week of heavy lifting/gymnastics training, and lots of casual walking and playing. For me (a true, complete mesomorph in every sense of the word, < that is, if you believe in body types), I simply do not need to train that hard or often, whether it be resistance training (bodyweight or weights) or metcon/cardio. I can get by on a lot less, in fact everyone can, they just don't know it yet.

No comments: