Saturday, February 14, 2009

Tuesday 02/10/09

PPPU's (with feet on wall): 6x3
Adv. tuck front lever holds: 8x8 seconds
hollow rocks and archer rocks: 4x15 of each

One-arm push-ups (assisted): 3x5 each arm
One-arm ring rows (assisted): 3x5 each arm

Straddle L-sits: 8x8 seconds
Tuck back lever holds: 8x8 seconds

Back Squat: 1x3 at 95lbs., 1x3 at 135lbs., 1x3 at 185lbs., 1x3 at 225lbs., 1x3 at 255lbs.

Handstand practice

Wednesday 02/11/09

Rest day... kind of. I was at work and had marine rescue training at the pool and did lots of swimming. My shoulder felt tired and worn by the end of the day.

Thursday 02/12/09

Handstand practice and straight-arm press-to-handstand practice

Warm-up with PVC pipe snatch practice, Burgener Warm-up, back extensions and GHD sit-ups

Full ROM HSPU's: 3x5
L-sit PU's with 45lb weighted vest (various hand positions): 3x5

PPPU's (feet on wall): 6x3
Adv front tuck lever holds: 8x8 seconds

Muscle-up to L-sit hold for 8 seconds, lower to support, lower to L-sit hang, pull to inverted hang, lower to adv. tuck back lever, hold for 8 seconds, pull to adv front tuck lever and drop.

Snatch: 1x5 with bar (45lbs.), 3x3 at 65lbs. Very sloppy. This was more just a way of getting acclimated to the snatch. I would like to get to where I'm snatching a significant amount of weight, but this is a very technical move and is going to take some practice and consistency. The little work that I did do felt so good though. Just forcing my body into the correct position made me extremely sore the next day; good sore though.

Friday 02/13/09

I received my "Tiger Paw" wrist guards in the mail last night, they work great. My wrists felt strong and were without pain during Friday's workout. All movements and holds felt really strong.

Warm-up: 3x10 Glute-ham raises supersetted with Hanging leg raises (HLR): 3x5. I overdid the GHR's. I'm showing too much hypertrophy in my legs as a result. At least I proved to myself that I can do 10 of these with no problem. I'll probably add weight and do like 2-3 sets of 2-3 reps as an assistance exercise to bring up my deadlift numbers and increase sprint speed.


Bar muscle-up practice (felt good and easy; I will be practicing these everyday). Parallette handstand practice and side lever practice. Side levers weren't too bad today. I need to practice these while fresh and I have to remember to consciously PRESS HARD with the bottom arm and PULL HARD with the top arm.

PPPU's (feet on wall): 6x3 (REALLY strong today, I was actually able to press up and bring my feet slightly off the wall.
Adv front tuck lever holds: 8x8 seconds
One arm wheel rollouts (kneeling): 3x3 each arm (felt strong)

RTO dips: 3x3
OAC/OAP: 3x2 (each arm, with opposing arm holding on to side of power rack about chest high)

V-sits: 8x8 seconds
Tuck back lever holds: 8x8 seconds

Power clean and jerks: 1x5 at 95lbs., 1x3 at 135lbs., 1x3 at 165lbs. (BW), 1x2 at 185lbs.
Clean and jerk: 1x3 at 135lbs.

Good, strong workout. However, like I said above, a little hypertrophy in the legs. All weighted exercises I have to remember have to be low, low, low sets and reps for max strength and max power.

02/14/09

At work, rest day. Not like Wednesday's rest day. Today, I will do nothing.

No comments: