Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Behind on posting

Tuesday 6/16/09

I've been behind on the postings for almost two weeks now. Sucks. Anyway, the workouts have coming along quite well. I'm still working on the 5/3/1 program but with my own "primal" modifications. On days that I bench press, I'm adding full squat clean and jerks (1RM is 205lbs.). On days that I overhead press I will be doing power cleans (1RM is also 205lbs.) and deadlifting days and squat days I may try to incorporate some full snatch and power snatch movements respectively. Other than those basic heavy compound fully body movement lifts, I am working on skills and sprints. I am keeping things extremely simple (down to the bare bones if you will). I have found this natural and "primal" way to workout (if you want to call it that) so refreshing. I have ton more energy to do all the other things in life that I really like to spend time doing. I will be taking tomorrow off while at work to hopefully get school work done for the rest of the week and to get ready for a beach flags competition on Thursday. We'll see how that goes.

No comments: