Tuesday, March 17, 2009

...been lazy

Shit, this sucks! I haven't posted in a while and have forgotten a lot of my workouts. I will try to do somewhat of a recap.

Sunday 03/08/09

Went to the beach with friends and surfed for about 3 hours (yes, I was literally in the water for 3 hours, great fun, great workout)! Drank some good beer, 2 Modelo Negros, 2 Dog Fisheads, good stuff. Later in the evening, my mom and dad took my wife and I to dinner (my birthday is March 10th) to Maggiano's. Drank some wine, ate good food, and ate lots of cake and ice cream. Today was a really, really good day.

Monday 03/09/09

I can't remember the entirety of this workout, but I do remember deadlifting and I remember doing too much deadlifting too soon. I had to cut the deadlift sets to only 4, which is OK anyway.
I also did some pressing and believe I stalled at 160lbs. today, just no energy (and probably not enough recovery to lift the weight). Played with some gymnastics.

Tuesday 03/10/09 My 29th birthday, holy shit, one more year till I'm 30, fuck!

At work, rest today, more cake and ice cream.

Wednesday 03/11/09

Played around with some gymnastics and did 10 - 15 second sprints out in a field with some handstands/handwalking, and pull-ups/muscle-ups/ninja warior type work. Muscle-up to L-sit, lower to support, lower to L-hang, pull to invert, lower to tuck front lever: 8x8 seconds in each hold.

CNS is fried. My mood is down, my body is beat up and the night sweats are starting to slowly creep back due to my overtraining. Time to ease off again.

Thursday 03/12/09
Easy day, walked the dog, light work, can't recall too much of what I did. Planks, and pull-up work.

Friday 03/13/09

Rest day, at work.

Saturday 03/14/09

Warm-up

Tuck planche holds: 10x6 seconds
Front tuck lever PU's: 5x5
72lb. kettlebell swings: 5x5

Full ROM HSPU's: 1x5, 2x3
L-pull-ups: 3x5

Sunday 03/15/09

My own Tabata metcon: 20 seconds of intense work, followed by 10 seconds of rest, for 8 intervals for a total of 4 minutes for each exercise. The exercises were:

1. Sprint in place jump rope, (forward and backward).
2. Sledgehammer swings on the BIG TIRE, (rotate sides).
3. "Ground and pound" on the 85lb. heavy bag on the floor.
4. Double unders
5. 100lb. sandbag shoulder clean and jerks
6. Heavybag kicks, punches, knees and elbows.

Tuck front lever holds: 8x8 seconds
PPPU's with feet on wall: 6x3

Monday 03/16/09

Rest day, at work.

Tuesday 03/17/09 St. Patrick's day!

Warm-up with muscle-ups, pull-ups, push-ups, back extensions, GHD sit-ups, etc.

Skill work of flags (side levers), and handstands.

Workout:

Tuck planche holds: 10x6 seconds
Front tuck lever PU's: 6x5
One-arm wheel rollouts from knees: 4x5

RTO Dips: 3x3
One-arm chin negative come downs: 3x3 each arm

Straddle L-sits: 8x8 seconds
Tuck back lever holds: 8x8 seconds

Took the dog for a walk/sprint. Lots of sprints, jumps, parkour rolls, a really fun and primal activity.

Feeling a little beat up after the workout today. Took a nap after the workout and lunch. I got up twice last night to run calls. Forearms and inside of elbows feel wrecked. Felt groggy after the nap.

Nutrition was good today (as always).
BREAKFAST: Hard boiled eggs and walnuts and almonds for breakfast (my quick breakfast)
LUNCH: HUGE SALAD for lunch: spring mix lettuce, spinach, raw broccoli, tomatoes, red, orange, yellow and green peppers, feta cheese and grilled chicken, (I basically eat this salad everyday).
DINNER: Grilled steak and meatloaf, and three big beer mugs of Guinness. Hey, it's St Patty's day!

No comments: