Thursday, May 19, 2011

Recovery/Mobility Day

Wednesday 5/18/11

Walked the dog for about an hour.

Breakfast: Ate 6 scrambled eggs with 6 pieces of turkey bacon and some cheese all cooked up in grass-fed butter.

Prehab/Rehab: Foam-rolled entire body for half an hour and then worked on scapular and hip mobility and stretched for another half hour... and yes, I took an Epsom salt bath to soak that magnesium into some sore muscles and hopefully aid in much needed and good sleep for the night.

Dinner: Dinner was early as I had school tonight; Ate 8 oz. wild caught salmon and a whole bundle of big, fat asparagus covered with coconut oil and Cajun seasoning.

Studied on and off today, felt pretty run down from work yesterday due to sleep being interrupted at approx. 0400 this morning for a call. Tired and lethargic throughout the day. I try and like to get in a mobility/foam-rolling and stretching day about two times a week. I find it works best when I either do this the day immediately following an intense workout session or the next day. I've noticed over time that by doing this I bounce back and am ready to engage in another intense workout fairly early. The hard part is not engaging; I try to take that one extra day of rest.

Tuesday 5/17/11


At work today, studied a lot, no workout, ate only once..., but ate big.

Mid-day Feast:
4 scrambled eggs with feta cheese, spinach, broccoli, two chicken breasts all cooked up in coconut oil. Seasoned with some hot sauce.

No comments: