Saturday, May 21, 2011

Farmers Walks and Sprints

Thursday 5/19/11

Walked for an hour in the morning and an hour in the afternoon today. I studied all day long and just had to get outside and get some fresh air and move.

Friday 5/20/11


At work at the fire station today. Went out with the boys last night while our wives all went to dinner and a movie. Drank four glasses of wine, 2 white and 2 red and smoked a cigar. Yep.

We actually got a chance to workout on shift later in the day (about 4 p.m.).

Workout:

I did 10 sprints which lasted anywhere from 10-15 seconds with Farmer's walks done in between holding a 70lb. kettlebell in each hand until my grip failed. I had no watch and didn't really care. This was an amazing workout. I also did some high jumps onto a platform and a few muscle ups. I feel a very natural form of soreness today which feels amazing. I am tapping in!

However, when not doing busy work yesterday, I spent all of my time studying for the exam I had today (Sat. 5/21/11) and got very little sleep due to nonsense calls. I don't foresee tonight's sleep being any better as I have to wake-up tomorrow at 4 a.m. to be at the north campus by 6 a.m. for yet another exam...; did I mention I have one Monday night as well????

No comments: